Return to VNFAWING.com Website Return to Main Forum Index PageReturn to VNFAWING.com Website
:: Forum Index :: Zephyrnet Forums :: FAQ :: Search :: Memberlist :: Groups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::
F/A-18C/D New Flaps...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VNFAWING.com Forum Index -> FAF Shape & Skin Texture Development Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAG Hotshot

Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster

Post subject: F/A-18C/D New Flaps... Reply with quote
As you already know I have been working on finalizing the new F/A-18C/Ds with the wingtip launchers visible on the wingtips...

Well I accomplished this and tested it in multiplayer with no issues, so now I have moved on to extending the wingflaps to also include the aerolons to the outside edge of the wings...

This required a complete redesign of the wingtip laucher to seperate it from the previous wing area that graphically represented the aerolons in the skins...

As you can see in the pics below I have accomplished this. The new flap(erons) include the flaps and the aerolons all the way out to the tip of the new wintip missile rails and are seperate from it, allowing the missile rails to still be visible in entirety even when the flap(eron)s are down...

The right wing is complete and tested, so now I need to complete the left wing. I still need to alter the skin to move the wing number closer to the aerolon as seen in the pic below

See my work so far in the screenshots below...

FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostWed Dec 24 2:54:29 2008
Snake

Researcher/Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote
CAG - that looks great - it's incredible how far you've taken the original F/A-18 shape from FA
PostWed Dec 24 11:09:12 2008
CAG Hotshot

Admin, Site Owner, Developer, Webmaster

Thanks snake! I am trying to get the most I can get out off all the shapes, or build totally new ones from better detailed (better skinned) shapes that exist for other aircraft...

If you love the F/A-18C/D you will REALLY love the new F/A-18E/Fs when I finish them off next!

The detail work is really the most mundane and the main reason this library set has not been released yet...

But day-by-day I am getting it done and getting FAF Korea 2008 closer to release.

CAG out...
FAF/FA-2 Design team
TSH Member/Developer

-------- __@
----- _`\<,_
---- (*)/ (*)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostWed Dec 24 18:50:27 2008
FA Pilot

Nugget

Impressive CAG! I hope we will be able to fly it very soon! I have been waiting for a very long time.
PostThu Dec 25 14:17:06 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VNFAWING.com Forum Index -> FAF Shape & Skin Texture Development Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: